You often hear me say, “I Love Our Church” – and it’s true. Mountainview is a healthy, life-giving church in an area that needs healthy, life-giving churches. To continue to fulfill the mission that God has given us – to Glorify him, Grow people in Jesus, and to Go into the world – here is what we are going to focus on:
1. Expanding our volunteer base.
We need as many people as possible involved in ministry. I want to challenge each and every one of you to become a recruiter – a head hunter – and help us encourage people to serve in one of our ministries.
The happiest people on the planet are those who do something that makes a difference.
2. Investing time and resources into leadership development.
According to John Maxwell, “The speed of the leader is the speed of the team.” We have a great staff. Dedicated. Hard working. As the senior leader, my intention is to make them even better.
But we will not accomplish all that God wants us to if we only rely on our staff. It’s been said, “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.”
We want to encourage and develop your leadership abilities.
3. Providing outreach opportunities to assist you in inviting your friends.
Historically, one of Mountainview’s strengths has been to create an atmosphere where you want to bring your friends. If I had to choose between direct mail or word-of-mouth, I’ll take word-of-mouth every time!
Here are a few opportunities we’ve created to make it easy for you to invite a friend this year:
- Series After Easter: What Would Jesus Say to …? Caitlyn Jenner, Miley Cyrus, Planned Parenthood, The Next President, Bill Gates-Warren Buffett-Mark Zuckerberg
- Fall Outreach Series: Adult Content: God, Sex, and the Bible.
- Worship at Civic Green Park. This has become an annual event and one I look forward to every year.
4. Continuing to build our family ministry approach.
People move to South Denver because of the quality of life it offers. Children and students are not the key to the future of the church; they are the key to healthy, growing church today.
Under the leadership of Phil Christian, Matt Cass, and Shana Mickey, our family ministry approach is taking root and and impacting families. Over the next 12 months, we want to do more.
5. Building a stronger culture of care and connection.
As I mentioned earlier, the hiring of Dan Hettinger as our Director of Congregational Care was very central to our continued growth and development as a church. We want Mountainview to be known as the church that cares for people – both in and out of the church.