While every day is a gift from God, the turn of a new year is a great opportunity to reflect, re-vision, and recommit. Most of us are not intentional enough about ending one year and beginning the next. What I want to do below is offer a simple template y0u can use to help create momentum in the new year.
Questions to Ask
- What about the last year can I celebrate?
- What do I need to grieve over and then leave in the past?
- What negative habit or attitude do I need to stop?
- What positive habit or attitude do I need to start?
- What did I do well that I need to continue or improve upon?
In working through these five questions, here is what you are doing:
- Reflecting – being intentional about learning from your experiences.
- Re-visioning – looking forward (the past is past and moving forward is your only option).
- Recommitting – never underestimate the power of decision.
These five questions can be modified as part of a weekly, monthly, or quarterly personal review. The key is to be intentional about how you live today and shape tomorrow.
Top-quality planners and books from FranklinCovey!