If you are trying to live the right way but believe the wrong things, you will never truly live the right way.
When it comes to right beliefs, not all voices are equal. Some are well-intentioned but wrong. Other voices might be void of any good intention at all. Since not all voices are equal, it’s important to listen to the right voice.
In particular, there are three voices all vying for our attention:
- What other people say about me.
- What I say about myself.
- What God says about me.
Only one of those voices is right one hundred percent of the time — and it sure isn’t my voice … or your voice!
My own voice is often self-serving or skewed, which is another way of saying it is often wrong. My own perspective resembles what you see when you look into a carnival mirror — it never reflects reality.
Allowing the voices of other people to shape your identity leads to a bad case of motion sickness. Opinions are always changing. What was once normal becomes abnormal and the abnormal becomes normal.
The most healthy, mature Christ-followers I know are the ones who allow God to shape their identity.
When I listen to God’s voice, this is what I hear:
- I am justified by my faith and now have peace with God through our Christ (Romans 5:1-5)
- I am rooted in Christ and grounded in his love(Ephesians 3:17)
- I am never alone for God is always with me (Joshua 1: 5)
- God loves me with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3)
- I am a new creation in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- I am always protected because God neither sleeps nor slumbers (Psalm 121:3)
- I am the light of the world and the salt of the earth (Matthew 5:13-14)
- I am a child of the most high God (Psalm 82:6)
- I am forgiven (Psalm 103:12)
To hear God’s voice requires spending time in his word. It requires times of prayer when we do more listening than talking.
When you hear God’s voice, you can trust that what he tells you is always true.
Experience and Background
- 25+ years of senior leadership experience
- masters in management and leadership
- presenter at the WFX National Conference
- former president, Church Planters of the Rockies
- helped start 2 for-profit tech companies
To get a better feel for my style and personality, you can watch past sermons on our YouTube channel.
Need an engaging speaker for your event or conference? At the moment, I am available on a limited basis to speak for seminars, workshops, or worship services. Click here to learn more.
I’ve written a few books that might help! You’ll find books on preaching, leadership, Ephesians, as well as my first novel. Follow this link to learn more.