Yesterday, I mentioned that when I’m “in the flow” the words seem to come naturally. This led me to think: how does one get in the flow while speaking or preaching? (Let’s all stipulate principle number one is prayer).
For me, this is when I know I am in the flow:
- My focus is not on myself but on magnifying Jesus.
- My concern is not about how I appear but does the audience understand.
- My desire is to see lives changed regardless of whether I get a “good job” at the door.
- My purpose is singular, clear, and compelling.
- I’m not thinking ahead; I’m simply speaking.
If you do much public speaking, how do you know when you’re in the flow?