I shared the “Toddler’s Rules of Possession” on Sunday in talking about keeping a healthy perspective on money. These are not unique to me — I first heard them years ago. But here they are. Enjoy!
Toddler’s Rules of Possession
- If I like it, it’s mine.
- If it’s in my hand, it’s mine.
- If I can take it from you, it’s mine.
- If I had it a little while ago, it’s mine.
- If it’s mine, it must NEVER appear to be yours in anyway.
- If I’m doing or building something, all the pieces are mine.
- If it looks just like mine, it is mine.
- If I saw it first, it’s mine.
- If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
- If it’s broken, it’s yours.